Sounds cheesy, doesn’t it? But what better day than to publish it on a day we celebrate relationships here! Many a time we fall short of being able to express in words how much we treasure some people in our lives, I can speak for myself I hate the unnecessary mush be it in any relationship. I hope my loved ones can make that out from my actions, how much I want them to stay alive even if I am to compromise my survival to make sure theirs! Now, how do I say it?
” Here, have my half”! (আমার টা খেয়ে দেখ, বেশি খাস না কিন্তু!!! 😀 )
1. When I share my milkshake with you. Because you know this “Joey doesn’t share food”!
” No, no…it’s my treat”! (তুই রাখ আজ আমার treat! পয়সা বেশি হয়েছে? )
2. When I am willing to spend on you the money I save for my glutton priorities.
” I will walk/drive you home”. (চল আমি এগিয়ে দিচ্ছি)
“Call me when you get home”. ( বাড়ি পৌছে জানা)
3. When I leave only after I’m sure that you will be safe ahead on your own.
Me: (groggy) ” Ha?”
You: ” Hi, who’s this? Can I talk to Amy…I’m her friend ABC…?”
4. When I receive your call in the morning, or let you hear my drowse affected voice.
5. When I’m just mad around you, laughing like a maniac, ridiculing anything and everything and when I choose to sit beside you saying nothing, probably drifting into some thought I’d rather not share, hardly pretending to be listening to you! DEAL.WITH.IT.
” Stay there. I’m coming to get you”. (ওখানেই থাক এখনই আসছি)
6. When I meet you on a minute’s notice!
” I will solve those math problems/write that article for you”. (तू भी क्या याद रखेगा. A+ मिला तो बाद मे Beer पीला देना)
” I’ll help you study”.
7. When I do your college/office work for you.
8.When I share my classical music collection with you.
” It reminded me of you. Will look good on you.” (take mine/আমারটা নে)
9. When I shop for you too or lend you mine.
” I will pick you up at the airport”.
10. When I cannot afford to miss seeing you the soonest you land, come rain or shine.
11. When I trust you with my passwords.
” It’s Okay, I wasn’t going to sleep either.”
12. When even after a 14 hours backbreaking day at work, I Skype with you night long till dawn breaks in.
“It’s nothing, don’t worry about me…” (ও কিছু নয়)
13. When I hide my problems before you and put up a brave front like I’m alright always.
14. When I let you take the window seat.
” Don’t go. … yet” (যাস না…)
15. When I do this despite knowing you cannot stay….
Epilogue: Me: “Don’t go….” |যাস না
You: “Why?” |কেন?
Me: ” uh, No reason. |কিছু নয়…
Go.” | চলে যা, ফোট! 😀 😀 😀